Title: Intern 2022 EE-HW Electronics Engineer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Think Tank Team
Location: Mountain View, CA
The Think Tank Team is an interdisciplinary collective of researchers, designers, scientists, and engineers located in Mountain View, CA, and representing a diverse skill set including electrical engineering, computer engineering, signal processing, machine learning, computer vision, visual design, interaction design, industrial design, optics, physics, and more. We work and play as we create Samsung’s future products, encompassing a unique mix of research with a diverse and dynamic approach to early product development. As a team, we have a strong track record of driving concepts to production, we work on a wide variety of time scales, advancing science to working technology, developing new or improved product designs, and creating new experiences.
We believe that design and creativity are the core duties of every member of our team. We are creating products that will impact the lives of how millions do what they do, but better. If you want to create and build new devices and technologies, can learn on the fly, delve deep into solving complex problems as you work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales, then we invite you to apply.
See some of our work at http://thinktankteam.info/
We are looking for a problem solver with a positive mindset to get things done. A strong background and interest in building hardware using diverse tools and technologies from small sensors to big robots, and learning more as you go.
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in building combined hardware + software systems
- Ability to design and implement analog, digital, and high-speed circuit design
- Proficient in firmware and/or embedded programming (C/C++), preferably across multiple platforms.
- Proficient with ARM-based processors, micro-controllers, and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience with board bring-up and systems debugging tools such as bus analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity in one or more modeling and simulation tools such as Spice/MATLAB/Python/etc.
- Experience in at least one high level software programming language (python, java, etc.)
- Build prototypes of cutting-edge sensors and systems
- Solve tough engineering problems working closely with engineers, designers, and scientists from multiple fields
- Learn continuously, and often about completely new and unexpected topics
Essential Worker Role: This role requires you to be onsite to complete specific job duties, you will be required to primarily work out of our Mountain View office.
COVID-19 Considerations: We strictly enforce our employees to follow CDC recommendations and promote a safe environment.
If this is something you would love to do, let us know.
Show us what you have built, and tell us what you would like to build next!
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.