ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms.
We are seeking a Client Onboarding Team Leader to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Melbourne. In this role, you will be responsible for analysing, building, implementing, and monitoring of solutions within financial crime, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) at ThinkMarkets. The role will focus on the provision of compliant KYC onboarding services to the business. As the Client Onboarding Team Leader, you will also be responsible for the management and development of the global KYC team, and for ensuring that the KYC cases are being completed to a high standard in line with the regulatory policies across the department. You will also support the team with their daily transaction monitoring duties, where needed.
- Act as the main point of contact for the KYC department globally
- Act as a role model in relation to the values and beliefs and manages the function in line with internal policies, guidance and regulatory requirements
- Manage onboarding of new departmental staff, including training
- Ensure that cases are prioritised/managed effectively and consistently, in line with the agreed process and Service Level Agreements, and ensure that all aspects of delivery are running effectively
- Review case files and identify gaps in the Front Office submission
- Take immediate steps to address any signs of non-compliance
- Escalate serious compliance issues to the Director of Compliance or the Compliance Officer
- Ensure that thorough, end-to-end quality checks of KYC cases are completed within the teams to adhere to the AML policies, procedures and processes
- Identify and escalate Politically Exposed Persons associated with clients
- Manage day-to-day operation of activities and the full client life-cycle process including remediation, client on-boarding, off-boarding and KYC maintenance and refresh, in line with ThinkMarkets’ policies and procedures
- Ensure that MI tools showing client progress are regularly updated
- Solid hands-on experience in area of AML, KYC functions in financial services institutions
- Extensive knowledge of digital technologies and its application for managing financial crime risk
- Extensive exposure to end-to-end AML / KYC processes which include Onboarding, transaction monitoring, client screening and ability to work under regulatory environment
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Crime prevention and Know Your Customer requirements with a 'think outside the box approach’
- Understanding of regulatory environment, including applicable regulations in different scenarios, best practices in implementation of regulatory ready processes, available tools, technologies
- Ability to simplify complex problems and issues into executable resolutions
- Advanced time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Experience of successfully delivering challenging messages to Senior Management
- Must be able to manage a varied workload and prioritise effectively and execute seamlessly under pressure
This position may require some flexible working hours to account for global coverage needs.