The Fuze Back Office Software Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
Fuze is a global leader in enterprise cloud communications and is the only visionary in Gartner's 2020 Magic Quadrant for UCaaS. Our unified platform offers companies and contact centers seamless calling, meeting, and chatting in one application. Fuze empowers the digital and distributed workforce to communicate anywhere, anytime, and across any device.
Fuze has great compensation and benefits, an environment tailored for remote flexibility, exceptionally talented team members, and challenging problems to solve. This is an opportunity to become involved with an exciting business that is poised for significant growth, work on cutting-edge technologies, and contribute to business-impacting products.
The Back Office Application team is at the core of the business providing APIs and services to drive Fuze’s ability to offer calling, meetings, chatting, sharing, contact center, developer centre, our business intelligence platform, as well as our self-service UIs. We develop containerized micro services deployed in AWS leveraging the latest auto-scale tooling, using the best Java frameworks and SDKs. Our focus on quality and automation ensures our services are self-healing and operate as expected.
The best part of providing unified communications to large enterprise customers is the ever evolving and emerging set of complex and satisfying problems to solve. The team is composed of exceptionally talented Engineers who are great communicators and motivated to both teach and learn.
- Collaborate on technical designs for new product features and enhancements
- Support system integration test automation
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Build robust and scalable API-exposed services in Java
- Develop software to integrate back-end components
- Contribute to code quality through unit tests, test automation, coding standards, and code reviews
- Assist with documentation and organization of bug reports in JIRA
- Assist in the support for deployment of product releases
- Assist in 3rd tier support of the product and fix bugs
- Participate in regular scrum meetings with the other team members
- Dive into technical challenges and deliver timely results
- Seek excellence and quality in everything you do
- University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related field
- Experience with
- RESTful web services
- Ability to
- learn quickly and work in a dynamic environment
- work independently and as a team player
- work in an Agile development model, achieving committed goals
- Demonstrated coding skills with a familiarity of OOP design patterns
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable interacting in a team environment
- High self-motivation to design, implement, test, deliver and maintain software
- Should enjoy working in a larger team and is open to learn from more experienced team members as well as mentor junior members of the team
- as a full stack developer is a significant asset
- MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Java build tools (Maven/Jenkins)
- Git workflow
- Jira for task management