Fuze is a high-growth, venture-backed Boston-based company with more than 500 employees and worldwide operations. Our core values drive the way we conduct business every day and define our company culture. We’re growing at lightning fast speed to meet the demands of the evolving unified communications as a service (UCaaS) market. We provide a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
The Senior Vice President of Product and Design will have responsibility for the strategy and direction of our product including return on investment, product user experience, and product portfolio roadmaps. This company leader will launch new and improve existing products that are intuitive and easy to use, differentiated, deliver customer value, and sold using direct and indirect channels. This individual will partner with our SVP Engineering to bring products consistently and effectively to market to drive growth and deliver customer value. The ideal candidate has the executive experience and presence to operate effectively with peer executives, customers and industry analysts; and is a hands-on leader that can manage the details required to maximize the productivity of the team and individuals. The SVP of Product and Design will play a high-profile role in helping lead the company through its next period of strategic growth and reports to the President and COO.
- Align the expectations of both the product and the business by creating a product vision and strategy to address current and future market needs and support direct and indirect go-to-market channels.
- Partner with key stakeholders, directing the ideation, creation and development of new products, as well as the expansion of existing products.
- Lead and own the product roadmap, using intellectual property and partnership to create innovative enterprise solutions that yield a competitive advantage in UCaaS, CCaaS and adjacent communication markets.
- Communicate and socialize the strategy and roadmap to internal, customer and industry analyst stakeholders in ways that drives excitement, support and understanding.
- Drive the product life cycle from strategic planning to product launch and enhancement including requirements gathering, use case definition, partnering with engineering, product launch, and delivering closed loop adoption and usage metrics.
- Champion user-centered research and design principles from concept to launch; persona research and development through UX/VD ideation, testing, and specification.
- Lead and grow a global team – manage, mentor, provide direction and build a best-in-class product and design team to ensure their success and development.
- Develop technology alliances and partnerships to enhance the differentiation and value of our product portfolio and expand our market opportunity.
- Led the pricing and packaging of our solutions in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Optimize product delivery and deliver a compelling product experience for customers by collaborating cross functionally with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Services, Success, Business Operations, and other departments.
- Collect and analyze feedback from stakeholders to enhance end-user experience, shape new features, customer commits, potential areas for partnerships, and technical areas of improvement.
- Develop and monitor KPIs to assess product performance, find solutions to ensure targets are achieved and drive user adoption and usage.
- 15+ years of progressive product management experience including a successful track record leading high performing, high growth, global SaaS product and design teams; UCaaS and/or CCaaS experience required
- Demonstrated success delivering a product strategy and roadmap that drove double-digit growth, managing a product portfolio delivering over $150M in yearly revenue from direct and indirect go-to-market channels.
- Experience using data and primary research to inform solution design and build internal business understanding
- Proven track record working closely with customers and industry analysts.
- Demonstrated experience leading change management within an organization and continual challenging of the status quo.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning several teams outside of the product and design organization.
- Proven experience building, growing, retaining and inspiring a world-class product and design team.
- 5+ years working in Agile, scrum or lean development processes to develop and manage products and people through the entire product lifecycle.
- Strong analytical ability to assess complex situations and ability to deliver creative solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Prior M&A experience is a plus.