Senior C++ Engineer, Real Time Communications Services
Be a part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it!
Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing and simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, and messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency and less hassle each workday. Our company is growing rapidly as we move full steam ahead toward our anticipated IPO. Now is the time to bring your passion and expertise to our Fuze team!
The primary task of the Real Time Communications team is to build the heart of our product - the software stacks that power the audio and video communications within our product. This team works across both the client and backend stacks. Within this team you will get exposure to a broad range of technologies and challenges.
As much as possible, we develop cross platform code -- sharing code across clients and sometimes between the clients and various backend services. We believe modularity and code reuse make for a simpler and more efficient development process. As we are developing cross platform code that is often times CPU intensive and performance critical we tend to use C++ as our language of choice for code that requires portability between the clients and servers.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Owning, developing and maintaining key components of our media backend services which form the backbone of our videoconferencing feature.
- Utilizing AWS ecosystem to achieve required performance, scalability and reliability of the media services
What You Will Need:
- Expert C++ coding skills with minimum of 7 years experience
- Experience developing networking software including working with socket level programming and UDP/TCP
- Experience building enterprise-grade Linux-based services
- Experience developing real-time audio/video communication systems leveraging RTP/RTCP is a huge plus
- Experience with the following is an asset: VoIP and related protocols (SIP, SDP), video conferencing, video codecs, WebRTC, FreeSWITCH
- Understanding of the various trade offs when dealing with real-time media
- Drive, passion, dedication and a good attitude