Senior Quality Engineer- Core UC Backend
Be a part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it. Based in Boston, MA with offices and customers around the globe, Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing and simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, and messaging on a single cloud-based platform so that users can experience greater efficiency and less hassle each workday. This is an opportunity to become involved with an exciting business that is poised for significant growth and contribute to business-impacting products. Now is the time to bring your passion and expertise to Fuze!
Our Unified Communications Applications development team is looking for a Quality Engineer! In this role, you will be required to test new features, cover regression testing, and apply your strong analytical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues. A significant amount of your time will be occupied with the development and maintenance of automated tests and the test automation framework. You must be a self-directed team player, who wants to work alongside other highly-skilled professionals in a fast paced, positive work environment and, together, contribute to the company’s success!
The successful candidate will have a post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, software engineering, IT, or other field related to information systems and technology, or equivalent related work experience with formal post-secondary education. If you are a detail oriented person, with a strong work ethic, who enjoys troubleshooting and finding bugs, and you enjoy trying to resolve these issues, then this is the role for you.
- Contribute to the quality of team deliverables
- Develop test plans and coordinate the execution of test cases for functional and regression test objectives
- Identify high risk and key test areas that require focused attention
- Ensure a high standard of product quality through test automation; assess and implement or improve automation test cases as needed
- Maintain the test automation framework
- Contribute to team discussions regarding the current and proposed solution architecture, defects, enhancements and other issues related to the technical solutions supported by the team
- Provide feedback concerning completeness, accuracy, and testability of specifications such as user stories.
- Contribute to the accurate and effective documentation of bug reports
- Investigate difficult technical issues and deliver timely results
- Strive for excellence and quality in everything you do
- University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related field
- 3+ years of experience in Software Testing
- Experience developing REST API automation tests using Java and tools such as Gherkin Syntax, and Cucumber Framework
- Solid understanding of common Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and software development processes and methodologies within an Agile environment
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (client and back-end applications, network, etc.) and the ability to resolve complex problems independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated comfort and ability to disseminate complex information within a team environment
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing and fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Working knowledge of Git/GitHub, Jenkins and Atlassian JIRA
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-server protocols such as REST and WebSockets
- Comfortable using the Linux command line
- Strong analytical skills in functional and technical requirements and documentation, and the ability to identify high risk and key test areas
- Comfortable with using Wireshark to perform packet captures and analyze data flow
- General understanding of SIP
- Functional understanding of network security protocols like TLS, SRTP, SSH
- Experience with VoIP technologies and SIP
- Automation experience with SIP hardware devices like Polycom, ATAs or Yealink
- Knowledge of Asterisk, OpenSIPS/Kamailio, Freeswitch or other IP PBX systems
- Previous experience with setup and working in Continuous Integration environment.
Knowledge of data networking technologies like TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN,
subnets, routing, switches and firewalls