Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
We are looking for a Software Engineer - c++ to join the Media team, where you will build the heart of our product! In this fast-moving and dynamic industry you will have lots of interesting challenges and you will make part of a culture that rewards innovation and teamwork!
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on components that support Fuze’s online collaboration suite and provide high definition audio/video and immersive screen sharing functionality. You will apply your knowledge of signaling and network protocols along with your programming skills to help maintain our existing frameworks as well as implement new features.
What You Will do:
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Be responsible for making and executing key technical recommendations.
- Work across both the client and backend stacks
- Build Fuze software to work and provide a great experience across different platforms (Windows, OS X, iOS, Android and web).
- Be responsible for owning, developing and maintaining key components in our client media framework or the backend media services.
- Develop services that are deployed globally and run in the cloud environment
- Build linux-based microservices that provide audio, video, screen share, content, recording and interoperability gateway functions.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Have passion for learning new technologies and methodologies
- Seek for excellence and quality in everything you do
What You Will Need:
- Expert C++ coding skills with minimum of 5 years experience
- Experience with streaming media protocols (SIP, SDP, H.323)
- Experience developing real-time audio/video communication systems leveraging RTP/RTCP and audio codecs such as Opus, G.711, G.722
- Experience developing networking software including working with socket level programming and UDP/TCP
- Experience building production Linux based services is an asset
- Experience with WebRTC
- Understanding of the various trade offs when dealing with real-time media
- Drive, passion, dedication and a good attitude
Why You Will Like Working Here:
- We’re disrupting an industry
- Nothing’s more exciting than working at a dynamic and high potential company
- You will be included in a truly continuous delivery environment with strong emphasis on simplicity, scalability, and reliability.
- Lightning fast speed but super collaborative environment where every opinion matters
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best and brightest
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Competitive compensation
- Regular Office events and Social Outings