Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. WIth distinct locations around the globe, our core values drive the way we conduct business every day and define our company culture, empowering every engineer to be as successful as possible.
We are looking for a DevOps to reinforce the Fuze family, that will be working in a lightning fast speed environment and closely with the Backend teams. Ideally, you share our passion for highly available and distributed systems, and you will help to build and maintain our cloud infrastructure for our Backend as a Service platform
As a DevOps Engineer in Fuze:
- You will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of the platform services that interface with our growing portfolio of solutions.
- You will take a development approach to managing, orchestrating, and optimizing services at both the operating systems and application services level.
- You work hard to ensure that you don’t have to do the same task twice.
- You will be critical to our continued success and work closely with the Backend teams.
Together, we will push each other to do even greater things. Now's the time to bring your passion and expertise to our Fuze team!
- Design, create and deliver a highly available, flexible, low latency and secure cloud infrastructure.
- Develop and implement strategies to automate system installation, configuration, code deployment, and management
- Research, prototype and verify software solutions that overcome technical challenges for deployment and monitoring of large scale systems.
- Create automation workflows for manual processes
- Develop backup and disaster recovery plan for business critical systems
- Develop and implement HA and fail over designs
- Project based work including OS patching, centralized logging, automated configuration management or particular pieces of the environment, load testing, exploring alternative tools to incorporate into the environment, etc.
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 3 years experience in workforce
- Experience with AWS and AWS services (eg. EC2, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- Experience with MongoDB
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, system)
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience with Jenkins
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools, such as Ansible or Chef