Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
We are looking for an experienced UC Systems Engineer to help evolve our unified communications platform. We place a strong emphasis on simplicity, scalability, and reliability. We are looking for an engineer who has a natural love and appreciation for developing complex software systems, and always eager to learn something new. You'll be expected to participate in all aspects of the software development process: design, implement, test, deploy, monitor, triage, and fix. You will make part of a project that is completely disrupting UCaaS industry.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Work with the team to develop technical designs for the implementation of back-end UC features
- Develop, test, productize, and support high availability UC architectures for our enterprise customer base
- Work with the Infrastructure team (OS, Network and below), and Development (in-house developed application stack) to design and support our UC platform
- Assist with documentation and organization of requirements and bug reports in JIRA
- Work with UC Systems Lead to develop project plans including task estimates and dependencies
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years systems engineering experience with VoIP or related areas
- Experience building and supporting high volume / high availability architectures
- Hands on familiarity with SIP, SDP and RTP protocols required
- Knowledge of PBX and telecom
- Experience with PBX UC functionality: extension plans, ring groups, find me / follow me, shared line appearances, call parking, etc.
- Operational experience with Asterisk PBX
- Familiarity with OpenSIPS, Kamailio, OpenSER, or SER
- Familiarity with MySQL management
- Experience with Linux command line and supporting mission critical apps in a Linux (or other Unix) environment required
- Scripting or coding experience such as with bash, perl, python, ruby
- Awareness or experience in agile methodologies
- Must have advanced English written and verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate has excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and is able to resolve complex problems independently
- Should enjoy working in a larger team and be eager to learn from more experienced team members