Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. With distinct locations around the globe, our core values drive the way we conduct business every day and define our company culture, empowering every engineer to be as successful as possible.
The Fuze Developer API Team is working to build a first class public facing API, enabling customers and partners to integrate with Fuze. The successful applicant will design, implement and maintain the backend services which drive our public facing API.
In this role you will be working in a fast paced, positive work environment where you will work alongside some highly talented developers and join them in contributing to the company’s success!
What You Will Do:
- Build robust and scalable API-exposed services in Java
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Work with engineering teams across the company to ensure consistency through the APIs
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Have passion for learning new technologies and methodologies
- Seek for excellence and quality in everything you do
What You Will Need:
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Awareness or experience in agile methodologies
- Object-oriented software development is a must-have, as well as existing design patterns and experience applying them.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Java, preferably developing with server-side, high concurrency and distributed systems.
- Experience working with a unit testing framework such as JUnit or Mocha
- Demonstrated knowledge on client-server protocols such as REST, both exposing and consuming such protocols
- The ideal candidate has excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and is able to resolve complex problems independently
Should enjoy working in a larger team and is eager to learn from more experienced team members