Be a part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know. Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing and simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, and messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency and less hassle each workday. Now’s the time to bring your passion and expertise to Fuze!
Fuze is looking for an experienced data scientist to help kickstart our artificial intelligence and machine learning efforts. We process billions of call, message, and video events every day, exposing this data in customer-facing web applications as well as internal tools. We are pursuing analytical efforts in the context of data science-driven product innovation as well as in support of internal communication analysis across the Fuze customer base.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in analyzing large data sets using a variety of tools and algorithms, implementing models and developing prototypes meant to explore opportunities for product and process. The candidate will have a passion for research, data analysis and discovery of valuable insights from data, using the outcomes to drive business value.
You’ll be working closely with a small engineering team supporting the Fuze Data platform, product managers and other business stakeholders around Fuze. If you’re looking to explore a large amount of communication-oriented data, provide analytical thought-leadership and make an impact on the direction of Fuze’s investment in its data initiatives, we’d love to speak to you!
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of relevant data analysis experience focused on summarization of complex data and development of statistical models
- Excellent understanding of AI/ML approaches and algorithms including linear regression, clustering, deep learning, making use of tools such as pandas, scipy, TensorFlow, etc.
- Experience with large time-series datasets, with focus on predictive analytics, anomaly-detection, etc.; Exposure to cognitive computing domains (e.g. NLP) is a plus
- Expertise in relational data and SQL; experience with NoSQL databases (HBase, MongoDB, etc.) is a plus
- Must have excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment and experience with iterative prototyping
- Visualization expertise: d3.js, matplotlib, bokeh, plotly, vega, etc.
- Exposure to business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Flink, Hive, Spark)
- You have experience working in start-up environments or aren’t feeling challenged enough at a larger company. If either of these describe you, please apply!