Be a part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it. Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing and simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, and messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency and less hassle each workday. Now’s the time to bring your passion and expertise to Fuze!
Fuze is looking for an experienced engineer to help build our data stream processing service. With billions of call, message, and video events being processed each day, this system ensures consistent, real time data access for a number of critical applications, from billing functions, to analytics solutions, to end-user apps.
Our backend infrastructure leverages a number of open source tools, including Kafka, Flink, and HBase. And we place a strong emphasis on simplicity, scalability, and reliability. We are looking for coders that have a natural love and appreciation for data and are always eager to learn something new. You’ll be expected to participate in all aspects of running the service: Design, build, test, deploy, monitor, triage, and fix.
If you’re looking for the ability to have more of an impact & wear more hats, this role would be of interest to you. We’re a small team, and the person hired would be able to work on big data problems & real time data streaming, as well as collaborating with other teams to get things done. If you’re an engineer who enjoys developing production-quality code and isn’t afraid to get your hands dirty with rapid-prototyping efforts, this is the right role for you!
- BS or MS in computer science (or relevant experience), engineering, or related field
- You can craft clean, beautiful code in Scala or Python
- Object-oriented software development is a must-have
- Demonstrated knowledge on client-server protocols such as REST, both exposing and consuming such protocols
- Experience with NoSQL databases (HBase, MongoDB, etc.) is desired
- Prior experience with streaming pipelines is a strong plus
- Must have excellent technical and non-technical communication skills