Back Office DevOps - Ottawa
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze (formerly ThinkingPhones) allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and high quality audio to build a communications and collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning.
In the Back Office DevOps Team, you will be critical to our continued success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of the back office services that interface with our growing portfolio of solutions. In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the development teams that are developing the product. Ideally you share our passion for system automation and containerization, and will continually identify opportunities to further automate the deployment, testing & validation of our world-class solutions to our cloud service provider. An adept expert with linux and open source applications you take a development approach to managing, orchestrating, and optimizing services at both the container and application services level. Put quite simply, you work hard to ensure that you don’t have to do the same task twice. This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with the management team, who has a proven track record of building successful companies in the SaaS and enterprise software space!
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Day to day management of elastic container services in a Cloud Environment
- Work with the development and testing teams to deliver and improve web-based and API driven provisioning services (REST APIs, RDBMS, Kafka, AngularJS, React, etc. )
- Contribute to the company's strategy for continuous delivery and containerization
- Project based work including software upgrades, centralized logging, automated monitoring,automated configuration management or particular pieces of the environment, load testing, exploring alternative tools to incorporate into the environment, etc.
- Rolling out major changes and provide Tier 2/3 support during maintenance windows
- Develop and implement HA and failover designs
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 3 years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Previous experience with Docker and Docker Compose
- Previous experience with AWS and AWS services
(EC2, Elastic beanstalk, RDS, Route 53, VPCs, etc)
- Previous experience in a devops role
- Operational experience with hosting java web applications
- Operational experience with Apache, Tomcat and HAproxy
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux OS
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, system)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, HAproxy, Nginx, Undertow
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Kafka and Zookeeper
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven
- Experience with React or NodeJS
- Experience with Consul and Vault
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. PostGres, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms with a microservices architecture
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools, such as Chef
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch)
- Previous experience with DevOps and agile methodologies