Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze (formerly ThinkingPhones) allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and high quality audio to build a communications and collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be critical to our continued success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of the platform services that interface with our growing portfolio of solutions. Ideally you share our passion for system automation, and will continually identify opportunities to further automate the testing & validation of our world-class solutions as well as their integration into our global data centers. An adept expert with Linux and open source applications you take a development approach to managing, orchestrating, and optimizing services at both the operating systems and application services level. Put quite simply, you work hard to ensure that you don’t have to do the same task twice.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with the management team, who has a proven track record of building successful companies in the SaaS and enterprise software space!
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Productize and support high availability Linux-based architectures; custom Java applications and associated services
- Participating in development scrums.
- Day to day management of distributed CentOS nodes in a Cloud Environment
- Work with the Development teams to design and support our UC platform as a whole
- Project based work including new product deployments , configuration and deployment automation, testing, exploring alternative tools to incorporate into the environment, etc.
- Rolling out major changes and provide Tier 2/3 support during maintenance windows
- Documentation of designs and procedures.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 5 years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux OS (Redhat variants preferred)
- Intermediate-level familiarity with chef
- Operational experience with AWS
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span
Multiple domains (applications, network, system)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has
Excellent project and task management skills
- Hands on experience with EC2, S3 and EBS preferred
- Previous experience with Kafka, HA proxy , Zookeeper and Jenkins
- Experience with MySQL
- Operational experience with Asterisk or SIP strongly preferred
- Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, splunk, CloudWatch)