Be a part of something big. Join our vision to transform workplace communication as we know it. Based in Boston, MA with offices and customers around the globe, Fuze is a leading unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provider focused on modernizing and simplifying day-to-day business conversations. We unify collaboration technologies like voice, video, and messaging on a single cloud-based platform so users can experience greater efficiency and less hassle each workday. The company is growing rapidly as we move full steam ahead toward our anticipated IPO. Now's the time to bring your passion and expertise to Fuze!
The successful applicant will design, implement and maintain applications and services that integrate the back-end communication services of the Unified Communications, cloud-based platform. In this role you will be working in a fast paced, positive work environment where you will work alongside some highly talented developers and join them in contributing to the company’s success!
What You Will Do:
- Build robust and scalable API-exposed services in Java
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Have passion for learning new technologies and methodologies
- Seek for excellence and quality in everything you do
What You Will Need:
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Awareness or experience in agile methodologies
- Object-oriented software development is a must-have, as well as existing design patterns and experience applying them.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Java SE, preferably developing with server-side, high concurrency and distributed systems.
- Object oriented software development is a must have, should also be aware of existing design patterns and experience applying them
- Experience working with a unit testing framework such as JUnit or TestNG
- Demonstrated knowledge on client-server protocols such as REST, both exposing and consuming such protocols
- Should have experience on NoSQL data stores, preferably MongoDB
- Must have advanced English written and verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate has excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills and is able to resolve complex problems independently
- Should enjoy working in a larger team and is eager to learn from more experienced team members
- Knowledge of PBX and telecom is a plus