The Cloud DevOps Engineer is responsible for building, deploying and continuously supporting Fuze Cloud platform and services.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer is the subject matter expert providing internal teams and stakeholders operational support and cloud guidance through the product lifecycle ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Evaluate the product's design and architectures to ensure they meet operational excellence standards for availability, security, performance and cost
- Work with product development team to manage Cloud offerings capacity proactively and plan for anticipated or sudden products growth while ensuring all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Plan, implement, support and continuously improve on-premise Cloud Platform and external clouds environment (AWS/Azure) with focus on enhancing the scalability, reliability, performance, and availability of the hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Automation: Write and maintain automation scripts and leverage configuration management to increase system efficiency and speed the deployment and upgrades of cloud systems. (CloudFormation, Terraform, Lambda, etc)
- Develop AWS IAM security policies and roles for new teams and services following least privilege approach
- Administer the on-premise cloud development environments along with external cloud deployments including continuous integration setup
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of cloud technology platforms and procedures
- Implement monitoring for the Cloud platform along with self healing automation where applicable
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support and liaise with DC, network teams and 3rd party vendors for problem resolution and participate in incident cause analysis
- Providing system analysis and recommended solutions for environment performance needs
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant field experience
- 5+ years of experience with DevOps technologies, cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably in AWS and/or Azure)
- Extensive experience in Cloud orchestration and automation: Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, CI/CD concepts and tools
- Demonstrated knowledge in building and managing inter-connected multi-account global AWS Cloud: VPC and interconnectivity, EC2, S3, Route53, Lambda and IAM policies mastering in large-scale deployments
- Highly proficient administering Linux environments (Ubuntu/CentOS), including configuration of networking and security
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
- Strong debugging and systems analysis skills around identification and rapid issue resolution
- Scripting skills including bash, python, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a geographically dispersed team