Team Lead DevOps
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze (formerly ThinkingPhones) allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and high quality audio to build a communications and collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning.
In the Team Lead- DevOps role, you will be critical to our continued success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of the platform services that interface with our growing portfolio of solutions. Ideally you share our passion for system automation, and will continually identify opportunities to further automate the testing & validation of our world-class solutions as well as their integration into our global data centres. An adept expert with linux and open source applications you take a development approach to managing, orchestrating, and optimizing services at both the operating systems and application services level. Put quite simply, you work hard to ensure that you don’t have to do the same task twice. This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with the management team, who has a proven track record of building successful companies in the SaaS and enterprise software space!
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Lead team of DevOPs dealing with daily operational issues
- Perform incident management for critical issues and problem management follow-up
- Track and report on reoccurring issues to management
- Day to day management of distributed CentOS nodes in a Cloud Environment
- Work with the development teams to improve core services (SIP, RTP, XMPP layers)
- Contribute to the continuous delivery company strategy
- Project based work including OS patching, centralized logging, automated configuration management or particular pieces of the environment, load testing, exploring alternative tools to incorporate into the environment, etc.
- Rolling out major changes and provide Tier 2/3 support during maintenance windows
- Develop and implement HA and fail over designs
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 5 years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Previous experience with AWS and AWS services (Elastic beanstalk , RDS , etc)
- Previous experience leading devops teams
- Operational experience with Apache , Tomcat and HAproxy
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux OS
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, system)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools, such as
Chef or Ansible
- Experience with hosting java webapps
- Experience with OpenNebula
- Operational experience with Asterisks strongly preferred
- Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, splunk, Smokeping, MRTG)
- Previous experience with ITIL and agile methodologies