Are you the type of person who is passionate about design? Do you thrive on clean layouts and simple solutions? Do you love solving tricky problems via collaborative brainstorms with other great designers? Do you find yourself constantly noticing ways to make the things you interact with on a day to day basis more user-friendly? If so, you sound like you could be a great fit for our team.
As a member of the Fuze Product Design team, you’ll be an integral part of the group that is responsible for the design of our entire product line. You’ll be collaborating closely with our other designers and dedicated research team to ensure everything we do is cohesive, easy to use, and innovative.
In this Product Designer role, you will be responsible for multiple aspects of our flagship software product, Fuze Desktop. You’ll have end-to-end involvement in the process, meaning you’ll collaborate (early and often) with a product manager, own designs from early mock ups through polished final visual comps, and partner with engineering as your designs are built. You will also play a part in defining the long-term vision for your products, innovating on what we do and how we do it, to help differentiate our product and delight our users.
Objectives & Responsibilities
First six months
- Learn a complex business and product line that encompasses traditional TelCo and modern UCaaS products on multiple form factors and devices
- Rapidly gain an understanding of Fuze’s diverse set of customers and end users
- Get a feel for working as part of our design team, and for how we work with product and engineering
- Jump in and start creating great designs!
Six months and beyond
- Learn the wider UCaaS market, competition, and industry trends
- Align business requirements, use cases, and user needs into elegant product interfaces
- Work closely with product managers to communicate your design vision and incorporate their feedback, as well as to help drive the product strategy, roadmap, and requirements
- Collaborate with our UX Research team to learn about our users and ensure your designs are perfect for them
- Work with the engineering team as they build the final product
Key Challenges and Success Factors
The defining challenge of this role is the need combine multiple different sets of features and functionality (chat, meetings, phone calls) into a single elegant application that fits the need of users across the wide spectrum of personas we support, from power users for whom chat is indispensable, to users who may be moving for the very first time from a phone on their desk to software for communication and collaboration on their computer.
Your success will be measured in the improved adoption, engagement, and long-term use of your product by all of our diverse personas.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2+ years of experience doing top-notch product design work, with a supporting portfolio of your work
- Is comfortable with the full spectrum of design responsibilities, from initial UX wireframes, to a polished visual design
- Can work autonomously and deliver excellent work on schedule
- Can present your work and the rationale behind your decisions
- Loves to collaborate, and gives and takes design feedback expertly
- Values and incorporates user research into all phases of the design process, and is passionate about discovering and meeting the needs of the customer
- Aims to be data-driven as much as possible
- Stays on top of UX best-practices
Great plusses (not required, but will make you stand out):
- Experience working on enterprise and/or communication software
- Experience creating illustration and/or animation for products