The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
We're looking for a Marketing Analytics Manager to drive smarter decisions. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will have clear insight into company performance and metrics and coordinate analysts specializing in Marketing analytics. In this pivotal position, you and a team of analysts will focus on building and coordinating the development of robust analyses, dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and highlight changes resulting from business optimizations.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note - we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Grow and develop our team of dedicated Marketing Analysts, working to align career aspirations with business objectives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Engineering, Product, Data Science, and other partners within the Data Organization to create scalable solutions aligned to data strategy.
- Take a proactive approach to working with business partners and analysts while also being able to strategically find opportunities for the analytics team to focus on.
- Prioritize the Marketing portfolio of projects in alignment with the broader Data & Analytics roadmap.
- Organize and lead team backlog through JIRA, ensuring proper tracking is in place for prioritization.
- Guide the team in partnering with Marketing on A/B testing, campaign analysis, user journey analysis, and return on investment/marketing mix optimization analysis.
- Coordinate the development of reports to supervise key metrics related to revenue, marketing, user behavior, and partnership to identify the impact on OKRs and critical metrics.
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing teams within analytics.
- 5+ years (or equivalent) of analytics experience.
- Experience with statistics (regression, t-tests, chi-square, etc.)
- Intermediate experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Adobe or Google Analytics
- Familiarity with online marketing practices and tactics including experience with tagging, UTM parameters, and event tracking.
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Programming experience in R
- Insurance, E-Commerce, or Finance Industry experience
- Experience with Marketing Ops A/B testing, data augmentation, audience segmentation, user journeys or Multi-Touch Attribution analysis, campaigns, and targeting.
- Experience with multi-channel marketing programs, including but not limited to SEM, SEO, programmatic display, email/CRM, social, streaming audio/podcasts, digital video, television and content/native channels
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k plan + employer match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ the flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.