The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
The Zebra is expanding our UX research team! We’re seeking an experienced Senior UX Researcher that will own cross-functional research and strategy projects that illuminate future-focused business opportunities. This person will synthesize disparate pieces of data to deliver human and business centered strategies to help our product and design team to thrive. You are a strategic and pragmatic problem solver who is able to assess the current state of affairs in order to collaboratively establish a vision for the future. Quantitative and qualitative research will be one of many inputs that you feel confident working with. This role reports to our Director of UX Research & Insights and sits within the broader research organization, which spans across marketing, product, and design research practices.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note - we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Own cross-functional research and strategy projects from prioritization to execution to building internal support for the work
- Build positive relationships with collaborators across the organization to help bring teams (design, product and others) closer to the user
- Scope and implement programs of primary research (qualitative and quantitative) and distill learning into compelling and practical artifacts
- Synthesize data from a variety of sources that extend past primary research including, but not limited to, market, business and industry intelligence
- Develop workshops, trainings and other activation activities to ensure that collaborators can apply key takeaways to business decisions
- Mentor junior researchers in a project context
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 6+ years (or equivalent) experience in a UX research or experience strategy role
- Proven track record of leading many simultaneous, highly visible projects that inspire action and inform business direction
- Outstanding ability to synthesize information from different sources into compelling business narratives and/or strategic recommendations that are actionable and turnkey
- Experience with a wide variety of research methodologies (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills
- Proven track record of working autonomously and in cross-functional team settings to embrace ambiguity and accomplish big goals
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Data analysis experience, including SQL or other tools, such as Looker, R or Matlab
- Domain expertise in the insurance, tech, finance, auto, and/or real estate categories
- Strategic consulting experience - business strategy and forecasting
- Experience with research vendor management
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!