The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
We're seeking a Program Manager, Business Planning and Operations to expand our growing team. This role will be critical to delivering on the company's strategic priorities by ensuring that the entire organization is aligned and executing to deliver the most impactful outcomes for customers, colleagues, and stakeholders. This role will focus on translating strategic priorities into operational excellence using the Objective and Key Results (OKR) framework, owning the implementation of process, systems, and tools from planning through success measurement.
Reporting directly to the Senior Program Manager of Business Planning and Operations, you will work closely with leadership across Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Commercialization to achieve quarterly, company-wide goals.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note - we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Define, create, and drive critical business processes that support operational execution for OKRs
- Own program management tracks to align leadership's strategic priorities to workstreams, working with leadership across the company to prioritize for impact
- Own cross-functional execution across multiple workstreams, helping cross-functional teams to execute by asking the right questions and eliminating roadblocks that come up
- Work with analytics and finance to measure success of key workstreams, and guide the team to summarize findings and insights that support next steps
- Drive critical, cross-functional strategic initiatives across the organization
- Establish foundational tracking and planning tools and mechanisms
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 3-5+ years (or equivalent) experience in program management or project management for a tech company, driving initiatives from idea through to completion
- Proven operations experience establishing success metrics, prioritizing outcomes, contributing to progress, and measuring success
- Proven experience collaborating and influencing at all levels (product, engineering, marketing, data / analytics, etc.)
- Ability to translate strategic priorities into measurable outcomes and initiatives, and build operational process
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience with the Objectives and Key Results prioritization framework
- Experience influencing and achieving impactful product outcomes at a tech startup
- Strong analytics skills; Looker and Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence) experience plus
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!