The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
The Zebra’s product vision is to make buying insurance simple and enjoyable. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team, helping to drive our growth efforts and better serve our customers.
This person will help define and execute our top-of-funnel UX strategy, to help to drive business growth through quality and trustful user experience. You’ll lead design initiatives on cross-functional squads, partnering with product management, marketing, research, and engineering, to create a well-rounded consumer experience. This role reports directly to our Product Design Manager.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note - we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Create intuitive, usable, and engaging design solutions for our growth initiatives, including SEO/SEM pages and other top-of-funnel experiences.
- Balance advocacy for our users with business needs. Your work will support our vision to become the go-to insurance advisor while maintaining a focus on monetization.
- Build experiences through an agile, iterative process. Rapidly produce multiple concepts, knowing when to be pixel-perfect and when a low-fi sketch will do.
- Take full ownership of your work and responsibility for the user experience, collaborating on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Lead design meetings and facilitate knowledge sharing, collaboration, and decision-making.
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 5+ years (or equivalent) of proven experience designing consumer experiences.
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating a strong design background, designing web experiences across breakpoints from mobile to desktop.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, InVision, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and an understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Experience with A/B testing, unmoderated user testing, and other validation methods to understand how your design performs and where to iterate forward.
- Excellent communicator. You communicate design perspectives clearly and concisely to your teammates.
- People-focused design mentality with a strong understanding of user experience principles, using quantitative and qualitative data to make educated design decisions and validate user needs.
- Strong visual design skills without negotiating usability. You create beautiful experiences that address business needs, standing up for our brand and UX values.
- Thoughtful cross-functional partner. You aren't afraid to ask questions and look for opportunities to improve working relationships and processes.
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience working at a national brand and high-growth startups.
- Experience designing for insurance or financial products.
- Experience working with agile development teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!