The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
Our Information Technology (IT) Department is expanding, & we’re seeking a Manager of IT to help support The Zebra’s growing needs.
We are looking for an IT manager to help us build out our IT Team's roadmap and responsibilities to scale our IT system ownership and automations. The team comprises of Systems Administrators and Support Engineers that handle our internal corporate infrastructure tech stack.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of IT and Security, you will work closely with all other teams at The Zebra to help automate all the things and run and integrate multiple systems.
LOCATION: All new hires will need to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a roadmap for a phenomenal team that leads all aspects of corporate systems administration, automations, and integrations as well as our IT Service Desk Team with IAM, onboarding and off-boarding
- Run, build, and improve the projects for this team
- Work with the team and stakeholders (Security, Facilities, Legal, Engineering, Finance, etc.) to develop standards, policies, and processes around SaaS systems and corporate infrastructures
- Be hands-on alongside the team's day-to-day duties
- Establish and maintain an efficient team delivery process that fulfills the team roadmap
- Participate in recruiting, performance management, coaching, compensation reviews, promotion discussions, and other career-related functions
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 6+ years experience in Information Technology
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- An infectious natural leader with a go-getter attitude willing to jump head-first into any issue that comes up
- Experience with cloud-based SaaS applications like SSO (Onelogin, Okta, Google Identity), Google Workspace, Atlassian Cloud Suite, Slack, and others
- Expert in macOS and Windows devices
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Extensive Jamf and Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) certifications
- Any other IT/SaaS-based system certifications
- Prior experience managing IT in startup environments
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k plan + employer match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ the flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.