The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Compliance Manager to own security and privacy compliance functions, oversee compliance efforts across the company, and bolster the broader security and privacy programs.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to steer the execution of internal audits, be the primary liaison for external auditors, monitor awareness training, oversee risk assessments of third parties, and enable new business partnerships by satisfying external security assessment requests. You will report to the Director of Compliance and will function across the organization, ensuring that effective security and privacy controls everywhere in the company are operational and balanced.
Please note: This person will need to be in Austin, Texas for this position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate with Security, Engineering, Infrastructure, Product, and IT to develop security and privacy controls, balancing the protections they provide against the burden their adoption might introduce.
- Steer execution of internal audits, ensuring that effective controls which satisfy statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements within product and corporate environments are in place and operational.
- Serve as the primary liaison for external auditors – properly defining scope, collecting and submitting evidence, and ensuring audits go smoothly without business disruption.
- Advance the awareness program by ensuring content satisfies evolving security and privacy compliance requirements and monitoring progress of employees across the company in completion.
- Participate in security and privacy risk assessments of third parties – determining the appropriate scope, conducting outreach and engagement, evaluating responses and documentation, and making recommendations for risk remediation and acceptance.
- Support development of business partnerships by satisfying external assessment requests received by the company.
- Prepare reports and deliver presentations on compliance level, audit status, and control effectiveness to support management decision-making.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-5 years experience in compliance, IT audit, and/or information security
- Strong working knowledge of security and compliance frameworks such as SSAE-16 SOC2, PCI-DSS, CIS CSC, and Federal and state statutes.
- Demonstrated history of successfully developing controls, performing audits, and conducting risk assessments.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with business and technology counterparts within and outside the company.
- Experience supporting security controls and audit activities within architectures that span cloud and containerization technologies such as AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes, in addition to conventional operating systems such as Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Experience operating within DevOps environments, and an ability to employ Agile principles and lead scrum teams.
- Familiarity with productivity and development tools such as the G Suite, the Atlassian suite, Slack, Github, and Jenkins.
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**