The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is a big-thinking, user-focused, and purpose-driven company that’s changing the way consumers engage with insurance. Our team's vision is to make buying insurance enjoyable and simple by creating exceptional customer experiences. We are looking for a Content Strategy leader to provide creative, strategic, and executional excellence who can bring our brand to life seamlessly across both marketing creative and our digital product experiences. In this role you’ll define the content strategy across the customer experience and build a team of content strategists, marketing copywriters, and UX writers who will help you realize the vision. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a highly collaborative, creative environment and is equally adept at both crafting big picture strategies and delving into the details.
This role reports directly to the VP of Design.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop comprehensive content strategies for a fully integrated customer experience, tying together marketing creative and our online/offline product experience.
- Define the corresponding deliverables that bring narratives to life across channels and over time.
- Interface regularly with leadership and cross-functional partners to identify opportunities in the market, develop our editorial calendar, and ensure content alignment across Product, Marketing, our in-house insurance agency, and others.
- Lead the creation of content that resonates with customers' needs and wants and accomplishes specific product and marketing goals including funnel conversion, brand awareness, NPS, and LTV targets.
- Stay apprised of industry trends, competitor experiences and the latest consumer research.
- Develop content standards, guidelines, and requirements for content across digital channels, with a consistent voice and tone across touchpoints.
- Perform/lead content audits & gap analysis to identify areas of opportunity in the current customer experience.
- Be a storyteller by tying together ideas and concepts in a way that engages customers, and empower your team to do the same.
- Lead and mentor your team, supporting the development of both their craft and their career.
- Create structure and process that optimizes performance, enhances workflows, promotes transparency, and increases productivity and impact.
- Actively build and retain a strong team of diverse design talent, optimizing the hiring and onboarding process.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years in a people management role and 7+ years of experience in consumer-facing content strategy & content creation.
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating expert-level knowledge of how to apply a range of content design & strategy methods to improve how we provide customers with the content they need, how they expect it, when they need it.
- Proven track record of building, and developing content teams that ship exceptional work.
- Possess a customer-centric focus, a strong sense of product and brand continuity, a keen awareness of current and emerging design trends, and a passion for accessibility best practices.
- Strong communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm concepts. The ability to mentor/partner with others to deliver great work, and make strategy come to life.
- Thoughtful cross-functional partner with the ability to ask the right questions throughout a project’s lifecycle and look for opportunities to improve working relationships and processes.
- A strong aesthetic sense and the ability to bring brand elements into product experiences.
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient, with the ability to find creative solutions and build something from scratch.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth and at times ambiguous environment.
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience at a leading B2C brand or agency
- Experience establishing and scaling content teams
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**