The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a big-thinking, user-focused, and purpose-driven company that is changing the way consumers engage with insurance.
We are growing our Product team and we’re seeking a Senior Product Manager to help us craft a world-class insurance shopping experience. This role offers the exciting opportunity of creating and enabling innovative experiences that entice people to use The Zebra. You’ll be responsible for leading and growing a product team focused on our Acquisition initiatives. The details below provide more information about the role and expectations for this role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build a vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Acquisition product area with stakeholders and peer product managers. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for articulating how the product will support growth for the Organic, Paid, Brand, and Social channels.
- Effectively develop and manage your team’s growth and performance, practicing radical candor that sets clear and high expectations to empower your team to create their best work everyday.
- Work closely with business owners, engineering, UI/UX, and QA teams to ensure an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process.
- Provide thorough and actionable specs, user stories, and requirements, thinking through edge cases and cross-team dependencies to help the product development teams deliver high-quality features.
- Continue to grow and enable your stakeholder teams to optimize the experience they deliver to consumers and the results they drive to the business through growth experiments
- Develop a deep understanding of the industry and its consumers to help identify key customer insights and data needed to develop effective product strategies.
- Foster a transparent and collaborative working environment, communicating critical information to stakeholders clearly and effectively.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years experience in consumer-facing product management, product marketing, growth product management, or an equivalent role.
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis to drive results, running experiments across multiple product areas with varying KPIs and objectives.
- Detail-oriented, self-sufficient, and able to find creative solutions and build something from scratch.
- Ability to fuse art and science into a product, balancing a strong creative intuition with analytical abilities to fuel product development
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to drive cross-department alignment to the overall strategy.
- Experience leading a team of product managers
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Worked in startup to growth-stage environments
- A background in the insurance or financial services industries
- Experience working for a web-based consumer marketplace
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**