The Brand Marketing Manager will own the day-to-day with The Zebra’s primary external creative agency. This role will be a key communicator between The Zebra’s Brand Marketing Team and the creative agency. Impeccable organization and an ability to balance an ever evolving list of priorities will be key to succeed in this role. By nature, this role is highly cross-functional across the marketing, research, design, and partner teams. This role reports directly to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing and sits in The Zebra’s Austin headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage the day-to-day with The Zebra’s primary external creative agency - including but not limited to:
- Budget and burn report management
- Overseeing production timelines and owning communication around
- Driving creative brief development informed by key stakeholders
- Leading the creative feedback process
- Coordinating with key partners such as Product and Commercialization to ensure new messaging and copy is an accurate representation of The Zebra’s product and service capabilities
- Partnering with compliance and legal on identifying risks associated with new messaging and copy
- Talent and usage management
- Evolving competitive reporting and readouts
- Partner with the Campaign Coordinator to understand creative needs of Channel Managers across marketing channels as they relate to the creative agency
- Collaborate with The Zebra’s Market Research Team to plan and execute all creative pre-testing and message testing in a timely manner
- Partner with our Internal Creative Team and other relevant partners to plan for creative asset needs from film and photo shoots to support internal creative productions
- Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure alignment on creative agency SOW and timelines associated with deliverables
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience working within a marketing team on the brand and/or agency-side
- Proven ability to manage the day-to-day of a creative agency relationship
- Familiar with the production process of TV and radio ads
- Experience managing the creative delivery of assets to support an integrated marketing campaign
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
- Incredibly organized and a clear communicator that is utterly detail oriented
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**