This role will be a driving force for the brand across all paid marketing channels. The Brand Marketing Director will be responsible for working with all Channel Managers to create go-to-market plans that introduce, reintroduce, and engage consumers with The Zebra. This engagement will be driven by both The Zebra’s evergreen campaign that supports its core messaging, along with campaigns that will support new product launches, evolving business objectives, and newly identified targeting opportunities. By nature, this role is highly cross-functional across product, commercialization, research, creative, and marketing teams. This role reports directly to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing and will manage the Campaign Coordinator, Brand Marketing and Brand Marketing Manager. This role sits in The Zebra’s Austin headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Become an expert on The Zebra’s brand, product, and target consumers
- Grow and support the Brand Team members as they turn brand strategy into action
- Continuously evolve core messaging pillars rooted in market drivers and product capabilities, along with translate those product capabilities into emotional and functional benefits for the consumer
- Partner with Research, Organic Marketing, Lifecycle, Product, and the Agency teams to map the consumer journey by understanding consumer touchpoints and pain points across the media landscape (paid and owned) and the product
- Partner with other marketing, product, and agency leads to ensure cohesive and consistent messaging across prospective and existing customers
- Develop creative briefs grounded in consumer insights and marketing research and leveled up by input from relevant partners and stakeholders
- Collaborate with the in-house creative team and agency partners as they translate creative briefs into consumer-facing assets across brand marketing channels
- Work closely with Marketing Research to turn brand metric (i.e. brand awareness, consideration, brand attributes, etc.) readouts into actionable creative insights
- Partner with Product to identify opportunities where the product can further encapsulate the brand and its mission
- Work closely with Organic Marketing to ensure a consistent brand experience and brand voice permeates throughout all outward facing communication
- Partner with Design to create a visual story that is aligned with the brand voice and desired brand attributes
- Empower marketing channel managers with a unified campaign brief that provides them with actionable insights and clear timelines to campaign launches
- Create and deliver clear and compelling presentations to senior stakeholders to ensure they understand the brand evolution, supporting campaigns, and accompanying activation calendar.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of experience working in brand marketing on the brand and/or agency side
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing a marketing team
- Experience partnering with a creative agency externally and a creative team internally
- Proven track record of working closely with marketing research partners to drive the creation of compelling campaign briefs and building an actionable arsenal of consumer insights
- Strong understanding of how to build a 360 marketing communication plan that will move both business and brand metrics
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience growing an emerging consumer-facing brand into a widely recognized brand
- Ample experience fueling brand communication across TV, online video, audio, paid social, and partnerships
- Proven ability to grow brand awareness, consideration and demand through campaign activations that build upon each other
- Familiarity with creative pre-testing partners (i.e. Ipsos, Qualtrics, etc.) and in-market creative measurement tools (i.e. Ace Metrix, Upwave, etc.)
- Experience growing and mentoring a marketing team
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**