The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is a big-thinking, user-focused, and purpose-driven company that's changing the way consumers engage with insurance. We're expanding our design team and seeking a Senior Art Director who lives, eats, and breathes social media. You are an expert in engaging people on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Reddit, and other social platforms. You're a top-level creative who's flexible, proactive, and full of great ideas. Your portfolio demonstrates a track record of producing both paid and organic campaigns. You're confident and capable of leading the creative process from ideation through production and delivery of assets. Above all, you're able to turn complex ideas into simple, engaging pieces of content.
This role reports directly to the Director of Marketing Design.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be a full-time social media expert who's always up to date on current events and social media trends
- Identify and quickly ideate on new opportunities for the brand to participate in and provoke social conversations across paid and organic channels
- Both lead and work collaboratively with a tight-knit creative group to strategize, concept, present, and execute new work on a frequent basis
- Elevate the brand and increase social engagement while ensuring visual consistency across all social channels
- Lead conceptual exercises and execute final artwork through photography, illustrations, design, video, and other media.
- Partner with a broader marketing team, orchestrating design work across channels and campaigns while leading design execution in the space while setting the quality standards for our social media creative executions.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of advertising agency / in-house experience, preferably in a similar innovative field
- 2+ years of playing a lead role on high-profile projects leading more junior team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, under tight deadlines, with strong project and time management skills
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and consensus-building skills
- Understanding of business objectives and how to drive engagement metrics (likes, comments, click-throughs, and response rates)
- A strong portfolio of creative work you've led from conception to delivery that includes social marketing campaigns that work across media channels
- An exceptional design sensibility (typography, layout, and prototyping) and ability to create beautiful visuals
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Relevant insurance industry of product company experience
- Experience connecting social media to corresponding projects for TV, radio, and various broadcast mediums
- Experience working on a national product and optimizing plans for localization
- Experience in running creative ideation workshops with multiple stakeholders
- Recognized thought leader within the design community
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**