The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is a big-thinking, user-focused, and purpose-driven company that's changing the way consumers engage with insurance. We're growing our design team and seeking a Senior Art Director to supervise the creative development for performance and brand marketing initiatives. You will play a critical role in the strategy, conception, and visual design of creative and manage the evolution of our brand guidelines with both internal and external creative partners. You are an innovative leader who can think big picture and create beautiful work that expands across traditional and digital broadcast channels.
This role reports directly to the Director of Marketing Design.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Direct and collaborates with designers and copywriters in their concepting and execution of creative assets across traditional and digital marketing channels like programmatic display, online video, out of home, and audio.
- Lead the visual strategy of any brand-related initiatives
- Lead creative reviews with team members while providing constructive and positive feedback
- Initiate and lead concept creation/brainstorming efforts
- Build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams; leading collaboration working session to drive new creative ideas
- Partner with a broader marketing team, orchestrating design work across channels and campaigns while leading design execution in the space while setting the quality standards for both our brand and performance media creative.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of advertising agency / in-house experience, preferably in a similar innovative field
- 2+ years of playing a lead role on high-profile projects leading more junior team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, under tight deadlines, with strong project and time management skills
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and consensus-building skills
- Understanding of business objectives and how to drive engagement metrics
- A strong portfolio of creative work you've led from conception to delivery that includes marketing campaigns that work across media channels
- An exceptional design sensibility (typography, layout, and prototyping) and ability to create beautiful visuals
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience working with a national brand or top-tier marketing agency
- Experience in national broadcast and/or regional TV and radio
- Experience in Motion Design
- Recognized thought leader within the design community
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**