The Zebra is expanding our Marketing Research Team, and we’re seeking a Consumer Insights Researcher who can uncover and deliver strategic insights in order to influence a consumer-first strategy. Our ideal candidate is eager to connect the dots between the voice of the user and marketing efforts in order to create a meaningful consumer experience. You embrace ambiguity, and dream about how to creatively craft a story through data and communicate meaningful findings to drive the business forward. This role sits within the centralized Research team to ensure a collaborative, cross-functional approach to understanding the consumer experience, and resides at our Austin headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with Organic Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Product and others, in order to identify business opportunities for improving the understanding of the consumer
- Perform data analysis to identify narrative threads, and tell powerful consumer stories to inform the business
- Utilize both consumer and marketing insights to inform product developments, marketing performance, and other ongoing high-impact business initiatives
- Conduct actionable research using a variety of methodologies to bring the voice of the consumer to the forefront of our business initiatives and decisions
- Collaborate to answer foundational questions about the consumer for the business to act on
- Share your findings regularly with stakeholders and teams, and identify actionable areas of opportunity for business owners
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-4 years experience in a consumer insights or brand research strategy role
- B.A. minimum in Marketing/Advertising, PR, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, or related fields, or equivalent applied experience
- Experience both designing, programming and implementing a variety of consumer research methodologies, including but not limited to: consumer surveys, focus groups, syndicated research, and ethnographic studies
- Possesses a passion for knowing the consumer, knowing the marketing magic, and being able to connect the two in unconventional but impactful ways
- Experience identifying key story narratives that emerge from research and illustrating those findings to stakeholders.
- Experience working closely with stakeholders by advising and answering questions about research methodologies and best practices
- Experience with marketing, consumer, and/or media research tools such as: Vision Critical (aka Alida Sparq), Nielsen, Qualtrics, comScore, etc
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience with mixed methods approaches, such as Max-Diff, TURF Analysis, A/B Testing
- Experience with research vendor management
- Experience developing and integrating new processes to improve research team efficiency
- Experience conducting marketing or consumer research in insurance or financial services
- Experience informing persona development and consumer profiling
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**