The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our Quality Engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for breaking things!
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test to join our SDET team to build and support our automation frameworks while also coaching and mentoring the Quality Engineering organization. You will be expected to take ownership of projects that will leverage your strong coding skills to help build tools utilized by other internal teams.
Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions--and having fun doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support our JS Selenium UI and API automation frameworks
- Expand upon our automation frameworks where necessary, including building new frameworks from scratch
- Create and maintain necessary automation specific documentation
- Champion automation best practices through coaching and mentoring
- Create, maintain, and follow automation processes
- Maintain and execute performance tests using Python Locust.io
- Support the team through MR reviews by providing actionable feedback
- Deliver maintainable and performant code for internal tools
- Help support our CI/CD pipeline, 3rd party integrations, and custom applications
- Contribute to knowledge sharing by providing input, mentorship and guidance to Developers and Quality Engineers
- Perform investigative testing to assess the impact and root cause for issues
- Generate and maintain test data and necessary test environments
- Become an expert in our products and how they function
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven expertise in JS - and the ability to write code from scratch
- Expert working with JS Selenium
- Experience contributing to automation frameworks
- 4+ years of test automation experience with complex mobile or web applications and software systems
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with Suacelabs for browser matrix coverage
- Self-starter / demonstrated ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the quality of work
- Data testing and validation
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**