The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. Our Commercialization team is growing and are seeking an Implementation Engineer to join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Primary lead for creating new templates for B2B transformation, including mapping variable values
- Work with our engineering teams and external business partners to gather needed documentation to create full projects for internal engineering team
- Review existing code with a business eye to identify any gaps in current technology for existing transformations
- Assist with documentation for changes garnered from code review
- Work closely with our small but might team of Integration Managers to keep projects moving to hit collaborated schedules
- Collaborate with Head of Integrations to both independently introduce and refine the full onboarding technical documentation process and procedure
- Special project assignment as schedule allows beyond the above to provide additional support for new product efforts that fall within scope of this role
- Develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical integration role – focused on the technical capabilities of a SaaS platform, including the documentation, organization, and presentation of technical topics to a developer audience
- 1-2 years of analytical experience in digital marketing, insurtech, insurance or ecommerce preferred
- Experience with OpenAPIs, JSON, RESTful APIs, XML, XSD
- Well rounded understanding of API documentation, especially XSD & Swagger
- Solid Postman skills
- Experience with Sublime Text, Visual Studio, XMLSpy, oXygen (XML editor)
- Knowledge of YAML a bonus
- Organized and able to self-manage by creating processes and implementing measures of success
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong working capability with MS Office products
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**