The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to drive smarter decisions for our organization. Reporting directly to a Sr. Manager of Analytics, you will have clear visibility into company direction and strategy. In this pivotal position, you’ll build out robust dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and highlight changes in revenue, cost and return-on-investment to optimize performance across the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards and visualizations that communicate impact, business insights, and recommendations to the organization
- Analyze trends to optimize for better performance and recommend actions to improve monetization, maximize return on investment, diversify risk, and act proactively on opportunities.
- Develop, manage and maintain weekly pacing reports and ad hoc requests (with an emphasis on data visualization)
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and take a proactive, self-starter approach to digging into the data to find opportunities for the business
- Partner with Data Engineers to maintain a data framework that provides consistent data with the necessary documentation and access to historical data.
- Serve as the “glue” between the Data and other teams to communicate data updates, interpret findings, explain data variability, and provide data solutions.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5+ years of analytics experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI (business intelligence) platforms (such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc)
- Reporting and dashboard creation (e.g. forecasting, pacing, etc.)
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Collaborate across an organization with excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal) and be comfortable engaging with management across multiple functions
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience in B2C
- Insurance, E-Commerce, or Finance Industry experience (preferably in Financial Planning & Analysis)
- Programming experience in R
- Data modeling or database mapping
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**