The Zebra is growing our content team and seeking a fast-moving, organized, experienced Senior Editorial Manager to lead and grow our editorial function. This role, designed for someone with 8-12 years of journalism or editorial experience, will shape and guide The Zebra’s voice across platforms; plan, write, edit, assign and manage B2B and B2C content; and collaborate with a large, cross-functional team of brand, marketing, communications, product and insurance industry professionals.
The Senior Editorial Manager will be responsible for research, ideation, creation, execution and distribution of B2B, B2C and media-focused content for The Zebra. You’ll partner closely with SEO, Communications, Social, Research, Commercialization, Brand and Design teams, as well as external agencies and partners, to share relevant, timely, helpful and engaging information with consumers, insurance pros and more. You’ll also manage a small team of in-house and freelance content creators and act as a resident expert on all things content and writing. This role reports directly to the Editorial Director and sits in our Austin headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive editorial content strategy for B2B and B2C audiences
- Plan, assign, write, edit and manage multiple posts per week
- Manage multiple editorial calendars
- Lead and grow a staff of in-house and freelance writers
- Collaborate with key distribution partners to ensure content has maximum reach
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8-12 years of journalism or editorial experience
- Adept, cross-functional project management skills
- Exceptional writing and editing abilities for a wide variety of readers
- Familiarity with both B2B and B2C audiences
- Experience managing teams
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Content amplification and distribution expertise, including SEO, syndication, PR and social
- Experience in the insurance or personal finance space
- Ability to identify and report on newsworthy trends
- Experience building and maintaining an in-house style guide
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**