We are growing our Product team and we’re seeking an Associate Product Manager to help us craft a world-class insurance shopping experience. This role offers the exciting opportunity of creating unique and innovative experiences that entice people to use The Zebra. We are looking for someone who can take ownership of executing parts of our roadmap, is driven by the desire to help others reach their goals, and can consistently deliver impact to our business.
As an Associate Product Manager, you’ll play a key role in supporting our consumer experience, working with our product team, designers, engineers, and insurance experts You will learn from senior product leaders and focus on implementing solutions and making optimizations to product experiences. This role reports directly to a Director of Product and sits in our Austin headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Help executing the product roadmap to support company objectives.
- Support improving consumer’s insurance shopping experience by optimizing our core product offering
- Effectively use data and analytics to support data-driven decisions behind feature prioritization.
- Support A/B testing focused on product growth and optimizations
- Work closely with product managers, business owners, engineering, design, and QA teams to enable an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process.
- Provide thorough, actionable specs, defining user stories and requirements, and thinking through edge cases to help the team deliver high-quality features.
- Acceptance test features to ensure they meet business needs and fit within the product vision.
- Assess and communicate the impact of implemented features.
- Develop an understanding of the insurance industry, including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years experience in consumer-facing product management or equivalent role
- Understanding of how to drive value for the business through the development of product features
- Ability to leverage interpersonal and communication skills to drive cross-department alignment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. Can self-manage by creating processes and helping implement measures of success
- Direct experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Startup experience
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- Experience working for a web-based consumer marketplace
- Hands-on experience with online/digital experimentation techniques, including A/B testing
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**