The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our Quality Engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for breaking things!
We are seeking an intelligent, self-motivated and eager Lead Software Development Engineer in Test to help us deliver high-quality products quickly and efficiently. Your role will consist of mentorship, framework creation and enhancements, along with solving complex technical problems. From spec, to concept and then full-scale production, you’ll play a vital role in helping to execute against our product roadmap and disrupt the auto insurance industry.
Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions--and having fun doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Ownership of automation vision and strategy
- Evaluate existing automation framework and enhance and expand as needed
- Create and maintain automation processes through documentation and education
- Provide input, mentorship and guidance to developers and QE
- Help hire and train Automation QE team through 1 on 1 and group training sessions
- Support team in automated test creation through setting best practices, education, and troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Collaborate with engineers on architectural decision from idealization through implementation
- Deliver maintainable and performant code for internal tools
- Provide feedback via merge request for the Quality Department
- Mentor SDETs for supporting wider QE department
- Contribute to the SDET roadmap through partnering with QE Leadership
- Lead CI/CD support and collaboration with Infrastructure team using GitLab
- Great communication and collaboration skills
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- AWS working knowledge
- Experience in building automation frameworks from scratch (Python and JS)
- 5+ years of QE test automation experience in JS Selenium
- Experience with API testing using JS libraries
- Proven expertise in Python and JS – and the ability to write code from scratch
- Experience with Locust.io performance testing library
- Self-starter / demonstrated ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Experience with Suacelabs integration
- Real passion for testing and quality across the engineering organization
- Experience with Postgres
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Data testing and validation through automation
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**