At The Zebra, our people are everything. They help us put our mission into action, bring our values to life day-to-day, continuously improve our product and connect with our users. As the Insurance Licensing Specialist on the Compliance team, your highly organized & hyper detail-oriented way of doing things (paired with your critical ability to work with confidential employee details) clears the way for successful employee onboarding, reporting, licensing and overall experience. Reporting to our Director of Compliance, you’ll be a key part of the Compliance team and will help deliver an amazing employee experience to fellow Zebras.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own and execute all logistics around internal agent licensing, including:
- Applying for agent licenses during new hire onboarding
- Adding new states (when applicable) to our licensing process & procedures
- Maintaining licensing for all internal agents (ensuring they are active & renewed without lapse)
- Apply for new agency and agent appointments where applicable
- Schedule pre-licensing courses and exams
- Schedule continuing ed courses for internal agents, as needed
- Regular reporting to stakeholders on licensing statuses
- Observe and identify opportunities for improvements & make constructive suggestions for change
- Communicate with Agency Operations to provide updates and maintain appropriate workflows
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-4 years of experience in licensing
- Strength in record keeping, organizational finesse, and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (high EQ) with an ability to take initiative and quickly become a trusted partner
- Servant-leadership attitude with a high level of professionalism, tact, and discretion
- An ability to listen and understand the needs of others
- A desire to protect our company values and see them reflected in every decision and practice
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience working with licensing systems such as AgentSync
- Sircon and/or NIPR experience a must
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Office products
- Hyper-growth, startup experience a plus!
- Your own unique talents - if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a phenomenal fit for this role in your cover letter
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**