The Zebra is looking for a Recruiter to join our People team to own and manage the recruiting funnel and process from start to finish. The ideal candidate has a sales or marketing/design recruiting background and is comfortable and knowledgeable with different tech stacks, but also understands how a software company hires and retains talent, and how the different teams all work together. This role will primarily support non-tech hiring (specifically product, design & research, marketing, content & comms) but will be a utility recruiter across the business and will support different teams as the needs come up.
This role will report to the Manager of Recruiting & you will work alongside five recruiters & a sourcer to hire the best talent in Austin.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting for multiple roles
- Work intentionally to present balanced candidate pipelines, sourcing when necessary to diversify the pipeline, connect URGs and/or URMs to our roles, and to bring the best talent to each opportunity
- Further our recruiting best practices for diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships across management and key cross-functional stakeholders internally
- Present, manage, and negotiate offers and be responsible for the entire closing process (in recruiter speak: the fun part!)
- Thoughtfully deliver an amazing candidate experience to every single candidate
- Attend recruitment events and invite relevant hiring managers
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in recruiting within the Software / SaaS industry (This is a requirement)
- High volume full-cycle recruiting, ideally in a high growth startup (recent in-house recruiting experience ideally) a major plus
- Experience sourcing active and passive candidates using internal ATS (Lever/Greenhouse), Indeed, LinkedIn/ LinkedIn Recruiter, and various job boards, Boolean/internet searches, etc.
- Solid understanding of the full recruitment cycle
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple roles at the same time
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action aren’t buzz words in your world - they are key elements of the lens you view your professional world through
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience building out / executing on a recruiting plan that prioritized Diversity & Inclusion KPIs/Goals
- Involvement in the tech/Austin/D&I communities or groups
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**