The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our Quality Engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for breaking things!
The Quality Engineering Department is looking for a self-driven Quality Engineering Lead to help support The Zebra’s expanding needs. Software Quality industry experience is required for this role along with experience with owning test management. Day to day could range from reviewing Jira tickets, mentoring and coaching your team members, and partnering with engineering and product on testing initiatives.
Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions--and having fun doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own test management of the teams you support along with leveraging team members to accomplish initiatives
- Lead testing across your teams and potential department wide test fests
- Review Jira tickets for requirements prior to QE workflow
- Highlight concerns to all necessary parties
- Report on metrics across your teams initiatives
- Mentor and coach team members on quality best practices
- Manage defects and advocate for quality
- Attend and participate in agile ceremonies
- Provide feedback on processes improvements
- Build relationships with engineering and product for adopting process improvements to address quality concerns
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years of quality engineering experience with complex mobile or web applications and software systems
- Driven problem solver who identifies problems, researches solutions and proposes improvements
- Strong believer in self improvement through continuous learning
- Experience building upon test strategies to grow and improve quality coverage
- Professional communication and collaboration skills
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Prior experience with Gitlab
- CI/CD experience
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Test Management experience across multiple layers of the stack
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**