Austin insurance tech company The Zebra—recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal and one of America's Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine! — is looking for talented Customer Service Agents to join our bustling Downtown call center and tight-knit team.
You’ll be the advocate for the customers after they have purchased their policy. Your role is to assist customers with their policies and work to ensure that they have the best possible experience with The Zebra.
Work hours are Monday - Friday, 9-5:30 pm CT (with the possibility of a Saturday rotation).
Due to Covid, our agents are starting off 100% remote. Once office hours go back to normal, employees will spend half of their week in our downtown office and half of their week working remotely.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Answer inbound phone calls, emails, and chats for the company. Most of these calls will be customers calling for assistance with their insurance policy or it could be new customers requesting information about buying a policy.
- Assist customers by processing payments and endorsements along with answering general questions regarding their insurance policy.
- Contact customers in an effort to retain their business.
- Follow-up on outstanding policy requirements by contacting customers or insurance carriers.
- De-escalate customers and attempt to resolve issues independently.
- Audit policies for quality purposes.
- Retain current customers through various retention efforts.
- Take back-up calls for the sales team as needed.
- Assist sales and contact agents with service related issues.
- Complete other tasks as assigned
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ years customer service or related experience
- Call center experience highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Passion for customer service is a must!
- Attention to detail
- Schedule flexibility
- Multitasking and time management skills
- Pride in getting work done accurately and timely
- Ability to work from home at the company's discretion
- Ability to get a P&C license if requested by the company
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**