The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Senior Program Manager who can optimize the efficiency of our organization to maximize business impact and customer satisfaction. The Senior Program Manager will be a champion of program and project management, end-to-end launch plans, change management, and organizational dynamics. This role will report directly to the VP of Operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partner closely with leadership and subject-matter-expert leads to establish a strong understanding of the vision and expected business benefits of a program by ensuring measurable KPIs are defined and achieve by engaging appropriate domain resources
- Manage the program and project-level decomposition of work across multiple teams by expertly navigating organizational boundaries to create timelines and define interdependencies
- Monitor health of overall program delivery by proactively addressing any impediments and resolve program-level roadblocks independently or collaboratively to enable successful program execution
- Facilitate executive-level escalations and program-level change management when needed and lead program-level reviews with delivery teams, stakeholders, and executive management as required
- Manage program-level communications ensuring stakeholders are informed of roadmap changes, release plans, and delivery status; in addition to socializing and integrating desired or learned changes in order to foster continuous improvement
- Ability to understand and translate projects that have highly technical functions
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years of experience in a program management role
- Proven ability to organize multiple teams delivering on often interconnected product/marketing/data/infrastructure development initiatives
- Procedural knowledge to develop effective, matrixed, and cross-organizational relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with leadership and C-suite executives and ability to align program and project management best practices and reporting with strategic goals
- Ability to effectively and swiftly build relationships and establish trust, competence, and confidence
- Able to navigate conflicting requirements and opinions to drive decision-making
- Experience using the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Operates with transparency, empathy, and positivity
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Insurance industry experience
- Technical and/or infrastructure prowess
- Experience in high-growth, start-up environments
- Jira admin acumen
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**