As the Director of Agency Operations, you’ll ensure the Agency’s strategic initiatives are accomplished by both tactical and data-driven decisions. You will manage cross-functional alignment between The Zebra’s Agency’s external & internal partners. We are looking for someone who is capable of overseeing all call center operations. This includes: ensuring the agency remains in compliance statutorily at scale, managing training and QA, and leveraging internal and external tools effectively to meet agency operational objectives.The Director of Agency Operations will report to the VP of Insurance Operations and work closely with the Director of Sales and Service.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Oversee and optimize the comprehensive operational strategy to meet agency KPIs (i.e. contribution, answer rates, handle times, conversion etc.):that lead to optimal KPI’s. You will lead a team responsible for:
- Monitoring agency KPIs and coming up with strategies to improve them
- New Hire Onboarding Process
- Quality Assurance
- Legal Compliance, including licensing
- Agency training
- Workforce Management
- Meeting carrier requirements as an appointed agency
- Agent incentives
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years P&C insurance experience required
- Minimum of 2 years in an operational leadership role required, preferably with an insurance agency or carrier
- Proven history of strategic decision-making required
- Data driven leadership style
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
- P&C licensing experience preferred
- Call center and work with telephony system experience preferred
- Close attention to detail required
- Strong organizational skills required
- Working knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets required
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**