The Zebra is expanding our Marketing Research Team, and we’re seeking a seasoned Senior Marketing Researcher who can deliver strategic insights about ad effectiveness and brand marketing in order to inform and influence a consumer-first brand strategy. Our ideal candidate is eager to connect the dots between the voice of the user and marketing efforts in order to create a meaningful consumer experience. You embrace ambiguity, dream about how to creatively craft a story through data and communicate those findings, and believe that a highly iterative research approach is the key to uncovering new ways of measuring success for the brand. This role sits within the centralized Research team to ensure a collaborative, cross-functional approach to understanding the consumer experience, and sits in our Austin headquarters.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas [by the time of their start date].
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with Paid Media, Brand Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Product and others, in order to develop and implement the full-circle approach to how we evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
- Identify opportunities to utilize both marketing insights and consumer insights to improve marketing performance, product developments, and ongoing high-impact business initiatives
- Craft a cohesive research narrative on behalf of consumers to represent the voice of the user in our business initiatives
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create a full-funnel marketing success narrative for the business to act on and optimize
- Share your findings regularly with stakeholders at multiple levels of the business, including executive leadership
- Own and build a research presence, specifically with regard to brand research and ad effectiveness, in support of a rapidly-growing marketing team
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years experience in a media/ad effectiveness measurement role OR brand research strategy role
- B.A. minimum in Marketing/Advertising, PR, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, or related fields, or equivalent applied experience
- Experience both designing and implementing a variety of marketing research methodologies, including but not limited to: brand lift studies, media measurement, animatic testing, focus groups, consumer surveys
- Possesses a passion for knowing the consumer, knowing the marketing magic, and being able to connect the two in unconventional but impactful ways
- Experience with marketing, consumer, and/or media research tools such as: Kantar, Nielsen, Salesforce, Qualtrics, comScore, Ipsos, etc
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience with mixed methods approaches, such as Max-Diff, TURF Analysis, A/B Testing
- Experience with research vendor management
- Experience developing and integrating new processes to improve research team efficiency
- Experience with marketing attribution measurement or marketing mix modeling
- Data analysis experience, including SQL or other tools, such as Looker, R or Matlab
- Experience developing research culture in a small company
- Experience conducting marketing or consumer research in insurance or financial services
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA (UPDATED TUES OCT 6TH)
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it’s “insurance in black and white.”
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**