OpenSpace is working on something extremely cool that solves some extremely big problems. Pretty vague, I admit: that’s because it’s secret, for now. We can tell you it combines cameras, computer vision and graphics - with a dash of robotics. Let’s talk in person, we can tell you more.
OpenSpace is a brand new company started by three veteran tech founders and engineers. Jeevan Kalanithi, the CEO, sold his first company, Sifteo, to 3D Robotics, where he became the President. 3DR, a 200+ person company, launched a drone which made $45M in its first year. Philip DeCamp, the CTO, was most recently a machine vision Research Scientist at MIT, where he completed his PhD (and Masters, and BS). Michael Fleischman, Chief Science Officer, started a company, Bluefin Labs, which specialized in analysis of massive amounts of video; Bluefin became one of Twitter's largest acquisitions. Michael’s PhD is also in machine vision from MIT. All three are MIT grad school buddies and are psyched to build a new company together.
Be our first hire! We expect you to have a wide variety of software skills with a proven track record in shipping high quality products. You will be building systems that incorporate cutting-edge machine vision technology being built in-house. You can do a little frontend and a little backend, you can do mobile and webapps. You are the kind of person that is stoked to build whatever it takes to deliver delightful, robust and (dare I say it) magical systems for end users.
We’re looking for builders who grasp how different technologies hang together, can design and build systems iteratively, and understand how to split work across small teams. This position will be based out of San Francisco.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- At least five years experience building and testing either mobile or web products, or both
- Experience developing and shipping software to end users; you are focused on the end product, not only the technology
- Effective working with both local and remote teams, solid communication skills
- BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Prototype, test, and ship both mobile and web apps
- Be a generalist: build systems across the stack (a little mobile, a little web, etc.) that work together to deliver the end product
- Bonus points if you can organize and direct engineering efforts in a small team
What We Can Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision with BlueCross Triple Platinum
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Flexible PTO
- The satisfaction that you are working on something that people love
- Trust in you to do things right
OpenSpace is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.