Thesis is a cryptocurrency venture studio whose mission is to empower the individual. We’re a fun, down-to-earth, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and fully remote team!
We seek, fund, and build products and protocols in cryptocurrency and decentralized businesses that enable personal empowerment. Our projects include Keep (now Threshold) Network, a privacy protocol for public blockchains, Fold, for earning Bitcoin on your purchases in the physical and virtual worlds, Taho, a community owned and operated cryptocurrency wallet, and Embody, a fully encrypted period tracking app.
Investors in the company include Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and Draper Associates, among others. We are a remote-first company, led by founders who have been operating in the cryptocurrency and web3 space since 2014.
About the L4 Solidity Engineer (Senior)
Thesis is seeking an L4 Solidity Engineer (Senior Engineer) to seed one of our upcoming projects’ node/bridge development, focused on writing cross-EVM chain Solidity. Prior work by the Thesis team in this domain with relevant mixes of Go and Solidity can be seen in the Keep random beacon, tBTC v1, and tBTC v2 core work at https://github.com/keep-network/keep-core, https://github.com/keep-network/tbtc, and https://github.com/keep-network/tbtc-v2.
What You’ll Do
All engineers at Thesis focus on complex problem solving, security, supportability, and pragmatic approach to implementation. When applicable, you work towards understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of existing code and work with your team to pragmatically choose what needs changing now and what should be changed over time to hit timelines and successfully deliver secure, stable, working software. We want engineers who are comfortable communicating early and often with their team mates, who can clearly articulate tradeoffs between decisions, and who work well in a culture of continuous feedback aimed at team improvement.
You’ll be expected to:
- Prioritize security and communicate your approach to keeping the system secure.
- Understand and respect Chesterton’s Fence, approaching problems with the intent to perturb existing systems as little as possible until they are well understood.
- Navigate ambiguity by asking questions rather than making assumptions.
- Document your work and its motivations to facilitate conversation.
- Work to identify issues before they hit production through testing practice.
- Identify and put users first across the full spectrum of your work—from command-line parameters to APIs.
- At least 3 years experience in a senior role or at least 3 years successful experience as a full stack engineer in a high performance environment.
- Experience executing against all requirements listed under “Responsibilities”.
- Strong knowledge of Solidity, including familiarity with standard Solidity tooling and with best practice Solidity patterns like Checks-Effects-Integration.
Ideally You’ll Have
- Existing technical familiarity with Evmos or a related ecosystem.
- Existing technical familiarity with Bitcoin.
- Having put code through one or more Solidity audits, ideally by a top tier firm.
All Thesis roles are remote-first, with a preference for Europe & Americas time zones.
We offer competitive salaries, variable with experience and a number of other factors.
At Thesis, we work in a fun, fast-paced environment that operates by collaborating both remotely and in person when we can. We offer a competitive salary, full health benefits, opportunity for equity and a number of other perks.
Our Cultural Tenets
We Believe in Freedom and Autonomy
We Have Inquisitive Minds
We Are Obsessed with Communication
We Are Proudly Offbeat
We Care About Each Other
We Are Driven