The Search Marketing Analyst plays a key role in the successful planning and implementation of multi-channel marketing strategies for small and medium-sized businesses. They help create innovative ideas that tie biddable media (SEM and Facebook Ads), SEO, websites, mobile, display, email blasts, social media and traditional advertising together based on consumer insight and data. This position reports to the Director of Advertising Operations and is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Understand the Hearst digital product suite, explain key metrics for SEO and SEM campaigns, educate customers on how metrics correlate to increased website traffic, more conversions, and a better ROI.
- Look for ways to improve SEM, SEO, and social media campaigns by working closely with product specialized analysts to ensure the best keywords are being targeted.
- Make optimization suggestions to improve campaign performance.
- Upsell current customers and educate them about the benefits of expanding their digital advertising program with Hearst Bay Area, SFGATE, and/or The San Francisco Chronicle.
- Work closely with sales to audit accounts for prospective customers.
- Advise sales on which products are most likely to work well for customers based on business vertical, company size and/or geography.
- Service customer accounts and file support tickets.
- Provide ad hoc reporting.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
The Search Marketing Analyst works closely with search engine optimization analysts, search engine marketing analysts, social media analysts, account executives and advertisers to ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are exceeding industry benchmarks.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The person who fills this role focuses on ‘team’. They are responsible and follow through on what they say and do to deliver impact across the company. They are inventive and innovative problem solvers looking for ways to learn new concepts they can apply. Someone who is a strategic and insightful thinker.
- At least 2 years of experience optimizing biddable media campaigns, Google AdWords (SEM) setup, Facebooks Ads, interpreting analytics and optimizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, with a proven ability to convey data and analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Creative, independent problem solver.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding benchmarks.
- Understanding of digital advertising and analytics.
- Ability to deal with customers in an efficient and appropriate manner.
Our mission is to tell the story of San Francisco. We will be honest, fearless and startlingly original. We will inform, provoke, and energize the people who change the world. The San Francisco Chronicle is the largest newspaper in Northern California and the second largest on the West Coast. The Chronicle is world-class journalism, San Francisco style. With name-brand voices and a keen editorial eye, the Chronicle is an authority that still surprises. Opinionated yet open-minded. It’s not afraid of being controversial, or of doing things that haven’t been done before. It’s bolder, brighter, fearless. It’s news that is delivered to the discerning reader through all platforms, including print, eEdition, digital, and social. SFGATE the go-to online source for all news and entertainment related to the Bay Area. With a Pulitzer prize and 31 million readers each month, SFGATE publishes a moment-by-moment, 360˚ view of San Francisco that is wildly reflective of right now for the most mobile and social audience in the country. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, SFGATE is in constant conversation with the Bay Area — with over 50 sections covering news, sports, politics, lifestyle, and technology. Hearst Bay Area, Northern California’s largest news media and services group, connects businesses large and small with their target audience, through a comprehensive suite of multi-touch solutions unmatched by local competitors.