The San Francisco Chronicle, an iconic property of Hearst, is tasked with telling the story of San Francisco - the city whose people change the world. Our employees are motivated to inform, inspire and provoke while being honest, relentless, fearless and startlingly original. In order to be successful in our mission, it’s important that we maintain a culture built on continuous learning, integrity, authenticity and innovation. We believe in helping our employees tell their own stories through professional development and boundless opportunity, and in return ensure they have a deep understanding of how their contributions help tell the story of one of the most celebrated media brands in the West.
We are seeking a highly motivated Regional Sales Manager for our Penninsula (San Carlos, CA) office to join our growing Advertising team. As a Regional Sales Manager at SFC, you will help impact and manage the direction of our sales organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing Account Executives and has a strong knowledge of the Bay Area marketplace, and SMB's therein. If you are someone who is passionate, hardworking and looking to work in a collaborative environment, then this is a great role for you.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for oversight of a team of Account Manager(s) and Account Executive(s) to meet stated advertising sales goals as set forth by the company
- Provide leadership to a team responsible for selling the company’s products and services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts across a regional market
- Guide team members in sales activities that increase scale and volume on specific accounts
- Guide team members in creating strategic and long-term impact by penetrating deeper into a select set of strategic accounts
- Build strategic partnerships with high-impact clients for longer term relationships
- Broad knowledge of team’s account type, geography, or industry/vertical
- Develops and implements sales programs that will attract new key accounts and enhance sales to current customers to deliver required sales growth
- Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service
What To Bring
- 3+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of experience in either digital online media sales and / or publishing sales
- Experience hiring and training a sales team
- Pre-established relationships with senior buyers in the Bay Area marketplace
- Strong negotiating skills
- Knowledge and experience in forecasting models, including budget, dates, probability to close, and inventory estimates
- Atypical presentation skills highlighted by a demanding presence
- Creative problem-solving techniques
- Relentlessly positive attitude
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Passion for a team environment
- Command of Digital media
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGate provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!