Experienced Wordpress Developer with backend coding skills and a strong aptitude for visual design and user experience. This is a highly collaborative, full-time position on our Web Development & Creative Team. You will create phenomenal web experiences and should be equally comfortable in both technical development as well as creative design environments.
You will use your innovative thinking and leverage your skills as both a backend coder and front-end designer when it comes to improving our web properties to drive impact with a better user experience and conversions. You can count on being involved in all aspects of web development and design.
Technical Development (website frontend and backend):
- Create and develop original WordPress themes, websites, plugins, APIs, mobile apps
- Design, implement, and maintain high-profile online products using multiple languages including but not limited to: PHP, JS, SQL, CSS3, HTML5
- Write code that not only works but also conforms to our established best practices so that others can understand and edit your work without issue
- Develop new user interfaces to enhance web presence and applications
- Maintain and develop existing applications; Maintain project documentation
- Implement test plans and regression testing
Creative Design (visual design and front-end website development):
- Design website mock-ups and UI/UX graphic illustrations
- Create landing page executions for A/B testing
- Contribute to client re-brands, UI/UX design
- Create visual design assets including digital and print advertising, animations, integrated marketing collateral
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1+ year experience: PHP development
- Knowledge of OOP; experience with APIs; experience with Git
- Solid skills: Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
You will gain incredible experience across many disciplines and industries while working with a wide range of consumer and business-to-business brands.
We work closely with all our clients and see the immediate impact of our work. Within the first two months in your position, you will have contributed to the launch of a client website, and within six months you will see returns on that work in the form of client satisfaction and user conversions. Within a year, you will have contributed to the core foundation and performance of a high-visibility agency within the Hearst global organization.
Your day-to-day experience:
Collaborating with others excites you. You will collaborate with different teams across multiple advertising disciplines in a lean, fast-paced, technical-creative environment.
In this role, you will grow with our young company as we deliver amazing creative work in the form of websites, mobile apps, animations and other online tools/widgets. Our client base is diverse reflecting the diversity of the Bay Area we serve. You will be working on multiple projects at one time so it will be important for you to have the ability to work proactively in a team. We provide training and support in a fun environment to ensure you learn new skills and techniques for career development.
You are responsible and accountable. You are inventive and an innovative problem solver. Someone who is creative, strategic and an insightful thinker.
We are a startup marketing consultancy and full-service agency fully funded by the Hearst Corporation. If you want to work with the biggest brands in the Bay Area and have access to everything Hearst offers - from ad technology and research to video studios and publishers ranging from TV like ESPN and A&E to magazines like Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire and Road & Track, to News like the San Francisco Chronicle and Buzzfeed - then you need to join our team.
What we stand for:
46Mile partners with regional brands to provide them with the tools and strategies usually only reserved for the Fortune 500 brands. Our ability to impact these regional brands differs from any other agency in the San Francisco Area. This ability to impact is our advantage.
Why we work:
46Milers are ambitious. We enjoy and welcome challenges, and we commit to finding and implementing a solution to them. 46Milers are responsible decision makers who act for the greater good of the entire team.