The San Francisco Chronicle, an iconic property of Hearst, is tasked with telling the story of San Francisco - the city whose people change the world. Our employees are motivated to inform, inspire and provoke while being honest, relentless, fearless and startlingly original. In order to be successful in our mission, it’s important that we maintain a culture built on continuous learning, integrity, authenticity and innovation. We believe in helping our employees tell their own stories through professional development and boundless opportunity, and in return ensure they have a deep understanding of how their contributions help tell the story of one of the most celebrated media brands in the West.
We’re looking for a Marketing Specialist who will be responsible for working with our Inbound Marketing Manager in cultivating our B2B brand with the Hearst Bay Area sales teams (representing SFGATE and SF Chronicle). This person’s responsibility will include assisting in maintaining marketing website (HearstBayArea.com) through B2B brand development (ie. Content marketing, social marketing, etc.), developing a library and index for sales to easily access materials and be able to effectively communicate updates and changes cross organizationally.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for design and strong communication skills, with a deep understanding of the current advertising ecosystem. They will also have specific experience in developing materials for publisher-based sales organizations. The manager will function as the liaison between Sales and Marketing to foster communication and pro-active marketing support of Sales.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
- Maintain sales collateral for SF Chronicle and SFGATE product portfolio
- Develop new sales and product materials in partnership with newsroom and sales management
- Partner with research to package and deliver essential statistics and analysis to sales organization and include in collateral, as well as publish online
- Support Inbound Marketing Manager with packaged client communication such as email marketing or other to help build sales funnel and lead generation.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-4 years of experience
- Knowledge and experience in inbound marketing campaigns, social media advertising, digital marketing content strategy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, HTML, Excel, Google Docs, Dropbox
- Hubspot experience preferred
- BA/BS required
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGate provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!